I've been injured in a car accident. Do I need an attorney?

The bulk of personal injury claims are the result of automobile accidents, but also include product defects, slip-and-fall claims, and professional malpractice. To recover for personal injuries, the injured party must establish liability and damages.

If you are injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to damages which are intended to "make the injured party whole again" and include medical expenses; pain, suffering and mental anguish; past and future wage loss; and loss of earning potential.

Insurance adjustors want quick settlements often done to the detriment of the injured. A quick settlement is done without the consideration of latent or hidden injuries that may not surface for weeks or months following an accident, without consideration to the healing process and whether there are permanent complications and long term pain and suffering.

An attorney can assist you in determining if you are entitled to wage loss payments during the settlement process, who is responsible to pay the medical bills, etc. He or she can also help keep creditors away until the matter is settled. Personal injury claims are very complicated and it is essential to have an attorney to make sure you are not short changed.

Disclaimer: - These opinions represent a generalization based upon Pennsylvania law as of Nov. 1, 2014. You should consult an attorney and discuss your specific circumstances before taking any action.

Click here to visit our Personal Injury section.


140 East Third Street, Williamsport (570) 323-3768
320 Market Street, Lewisburg (570) 522-0505
Northern Tier Pennsylvania (570) 673-4081
(800) 422-5396
Contact us today!